A trench coat is an iconic and timeless item of clothing that never goes out of style, offering classic elegance that many individuals appreciate. A trench coat's belt adds both practicality and flair; many wearers appreciate its features for both its aesthetic appeal and practical purposes. In this blog post, we will discuss how to tie a belt on a trench coat! Finest Leathers has long been considered an icon of leather fashion. Not only can it function as a belt but its design also allows users to express themselves creatively - its trench coat belt provides you with the chance to add personality and character to your ensemble!
Mastering the Craft - A Guide for Fashion Warriors
Beginning your journey of “how to tie a trench coat” may appear intimidating; however, don't despair. this blog post is your key to solving its mysteries and turning your leather trench coat into something truly beautiful. Before diving headlong into knotting intricate knots, one must develop confidence. Trench coat belts typically consist of two ends - buckle end and tail end - where one can create their desired knot with ease and precision. Practice will lead to success as patience will aid your progress! To do so successfully!
Read more: Are leather trench coats in style?
Classic Elegance: The Double Overhand Knot
The Double Overhand Knot represents timeless sophistication. Perfectly complementing Finest Leathers leather trench coats with its simplicity, neatness and refined aura; this knot provides timeless charm for those seeking timeless charm.
- Position the Belt: On one end, bring both ends together with the tail end being longer. This ensures proper belt positioning for use during work activities.
- Crisscross and Wrap: Once both ends have been crossed over one another, allow the tail end of each tie to extend over the buckle end before wrapping under and under to create a single overhand knot with your tail end.
- Forming the Loop: To form the loop, take care in placing your tail end so it points up, under your buckle end horizontally and back around. Do this several times until a complete circle has formed around all parts.
- Completing the Knot: To tie an overhand knot successfully in its second overhand phase, draw your tail end through this loop to complete an elegant second-overhand knot.
Check out our collection of Women’s Leather Jackets!
Back Beauty: Wrap-Around Knot
A Wrap-Around Knot can add mystery and intrigue to your leather trench coat, heightening its allure. Perfectly suited for unbuttoned coats, this knot exudes cool sophistication - simply follow these steps for the captivating look:
- Position the Belt Back: Bring both ends of the belt behind, making sure that its tail end remains longer.
- Crisscross and Knot: To create the basic knotted belt shape, crisscross the ends under each other with a buckle side beneath the tail end, elevating the tail end as you tighten. Once this knotted section of the belt has been tied over the hand it must then be cinched tight to secure its place around the waist or body.
- Letting It Hang: Allow the tail end to drop for an elegant hanging look.
- Guiding Behind and Folding: To guide behind, pass your tail behind the buckle end as far back towards you as you can while passing closer towards yourself; when folding over point your tail out to one side ensuring it's perpendicular to both buckle end and ground plane. Fold the tail end over, so the tip points in a different direction while maintaining parallel alignment to the ground.
Modern Muse: An Asymmetrical Knot
Bring Out Trendsetting Playfulness Indulge your inner trendsetter by selecting an Asymmetrical Knot for your trench coat; an enjoyable way to inject energy and break from formality! Not only will the knot add flair and movement; but it may also reveal more about you as an individual!
- Position the Belt: Bring both ends of the belt forward so the tail end extends out as far as possible.
- Crafting a Loose Loop: To form the loose loop, wrap one buckle end around another tail end forming an irregular circle with both pieces in their original positions overlapping loosely to form one long continuous piece.
- Pulling Through for Asymmetry: This technique creates an asymmetric hanging knot whereby the tail end significantly surpasses that of the buckle end in length.
- Adjust for Asymmetry: Tweak the tail end length according to your taste for contemporary chic flair and make sure it hangs asymmetrically for maximum impact.
Additional Tips: Accessorize With Elegance
Make your trench belt stand out by adding some character. Tie a silk scarf around its tail end for an eye-catching pop of colour and texture; attaching one of Finest Leather's luxurious keychains; the options are limitless so express yourself!
Finest Leather's Versatility Beyond the Knot
After learning how to tie a trench coat belt, a leather trench coat represents much more than clothing; it can become the cornerstone of style and confidence for its owner. Utilize creative knot-tie techniques provided to turn this investment piece into an ever-evolving canvas of self-expression.Explore various knots to showcase your distinctive style and character through your belt. Let it speak volumes of who you are! At Finest Leathers, browse an unparalleled collection of leather trench coats designed to give your knot-tying adventures the extra kick they require. Don't miss our new arrival leather jackets; they are eagerly waiting for their perfect belt!